Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Turns out, Brad was right

     This past summer was not kind to my backyard geraniums (neither was my next door neighbor who pointed at them and laughed.)  Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I pulled them out from the ground around the maple tree, selected a couple to winter (I'm not sure why I think they'll live in the basement all winter when I could barely keep them alive in the sunshine through summer...), and threw the rest in the vacant lot across the street.
     I looked over there yesterday and saw:
     So Brad's encouraging words of "they'll come back," came true.  He's often right.  But I'll bet even he couldn't guess they'd come back to mock me. 

4 comments:

Pam C said...

I guess plants and people have to find the "just right fit" for them, don't they? Sometimes what we think will be perfect for our friends and family is not - we are the only ones who know what is just right for us - be it soil or love or purpose - in order to blossom.

purejoy said...

bwah ha ha ha. to mock you from afar. i have a big planter full of the gnarliest dead flowers ever. right next to them, lusciously live ones. what gives??

lisa :) said...

Aww they're not mocking you, they're just smiling at you. God's way to show that his creations can endure anything and that regardless of what we do, he's the one ultimately responsible for whether or not life will truly live and bloom. :)

(BTW, I like the new layout - do you change for every season or just when a new one strikes your fancy?)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.