So here's a wedding question:
What song did you and hubby dance to?
(Or what song did you and your lovely wife dance to?)
(Or what song did you and your lovely wife dance to?)
Our second wedding (remember, first was a civil in April) was on a Sunday afternoon, and though I'd asked people to help me build a song list, only a few people danced. (Could it be because we didn't have an open bar?) But we did...
We dance to "God Bless the Broken Road" by Selah. Since my dad has died, I danced with Mac to "Love Shack," the longest song ever. There are pictures, but he'd bop me if I posted them here. Some of the girls (women) danced and our kid friends danced. I have to post these 'cause the kids have changed so much...
And Mac's friend Mike danced...not a kid, but always a kid to me.
So, share your song, and let's think of joy!
So, share your song, and let's think of joy!



21 comments:
Loved seeing the pictures. You guys looked great! :)
We danced to Anne Murray's Can I Have This Dance (For the Rest of My Life).
the hubs and i eloped in st. thomas and returned to the ship still dressed in our wedding duds. me in a real-life wedding dress, he in a tux. many questions launched at us as we rode the tender back to the ship… did you just get married?
really?
noooooo we always site see in full wedding regalia. doesn't everyone?
upon returning to the ship, we discovered that after dinner, there would be a band and dancing on the main deck until midnight. perfect! we thought! a reception with 2,000 (strangers) people and we don't have to pay! it was a blast.
i remember we danced (by ourselves) but for the life of me, i can't remember what the band played.
sorry i'm no help there. you've given me an idea for a post of my own come flag day!
We danced to "Someone to Watch Over Me" - it was great! Thanks for posting a pic of Anna! Good times!
We danced to "You're My Home" by Billy Joel!
Ryan and I first danced to KC & Jo Jo's "All My Life." This has always been one of 'our songs.' The story behind it, is that Waaaay back when, when we were just pals, he and I planned a surprise birthday party for a friend of ours. She loves dancing, so we made sure to set up some good tunes along with the cake and snacks. When it came to the first slow song, everybody sort of paired up and it left he and I. So we sort of shrugged and he asked me to dance. I remember thinking how strange it was, how 'normal' it felt to dance with him. What I didn't know, was though at the time I didn't think there was 'anything there' between us, that was my first dance with my husband. So, at our wedding day, it made all the sense in the world to have that be The Song again.
:)
The last dance we danced to at our wedding was Aqualung's "Brighter than Sunshine"...that has no significance-I just love that song and it has a waltzy sort of rhythm to it.
I'm back!
Matt & I danced to "Happy" by Bruce Springsteen
My Dad & I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" as he gave me the book the night before my wedding.
Matt & his mom danced to "I hope you dance"
We danced to "The Theme from A Summer Place," an incredibly stupid Sandra Dee movie but a lovely instrumental. Also, we like summer!
God Only Knows, by the Beach Boys.
ScottW.
:) I love this post! Except, Justin and I cannot for the life of us decide on a first dance song.. I've always wanted Better Life by Keith Urban, but he wasn't comfortable with such an uptempo song. We've thrown around a whole lot of options, but decided to table the discussion until something hopefully "inspired us".
My Dad chose the song we'll be dancing too, "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. I would have loved "My Girl" but I'll let him have his choice :)
I actually am super duper excited for my ceremony music. I am walking into Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us and later we'll have Then by Brad Paisley.. both sung by a good friend who is musically gifted. He's also playing Canon in D on the guitar which is going to be beautiful.
I am a huge music lover, so this is one of those details that I'm afraid I have spent FAR too much time worrying about. But spending hours scouring YouTube for songs and arrangements doesn't sound like the worst waste of time... lol
We didn't dance. It didn't cross my mind until now. I'm not sure there was any dancing other than the paid performers.
Bill & I danced to "The Gift" by Jim Brickman almost 13 years ago.
I danced with my dad to "Lullaby" by Billy Joel. Who would've known 2 years later he would be gone. The lyrics to that song feel very appropriate now.
Great question. Now I want to youtube everyone's songs!
-Rachel
Such a fun question and is really joyful to read everyone's answers!!
Tony and I picked a song that not many people know, but that really fit us. The song is "It is You I have Loved" by Dana Glover and the only reason anyone (including us) has heard it is because it's in the closing credits of the movie Shrek (the first one). Since we were friends for ages before dating, the lyrics summed us up pretty well - the whole song is great but the chorus goes: "There's no more mystery, it is finally clear to me. You're the home my heart searched for so long, it is you I have loved all along." :)
We have a lot of "our songs" that we played at our wedding though, including "Livin' on a Prayer", "Friday I'm in Love", and "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge. We also used Chris Tomlin's "Not To Us" as the exiting song in our ceremony and it will always remind me of the first time we were announced as "Mr. & Mrs."!
We danced to Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - the Van Morrison/Sinead O'Connor live version. Loved the dance, the song, the day and (still love) the man!
Happy First Fourth Anniversary!
2 years ago today my husband and I danced to At Last by Etta James. My dad and I danced to My Little Girl by Tim McGraw.
"The way you look tonight"
"The best is yet to come"
"It had to be you" by Harry Connick Jr.
We were so naive - never even requested a song... we danced to "The Rose" by Bette Midler.What kind of wedding song is that?
Through the Years by Kenny Rogers-actually too long to dance for a first dance. :)
A whole new world by Jessica Simpson with my hubby. I did butterfly kisses with my daddy:)
Sadly, Jim and I didn't have dancing at our wedding. We had a small service/blessing at a restaurant and had a family lunch afterwards. We did go bowling that evening since we were on a league, and had matching t-shirts that said "Honeymooners" with a bride and groom bent over, pant's down! HA!
Post a Comment