This week, I was asked to give up something that would make me feel vulnerable.
So, with that and the week before in mind I did three things:
1) I stopped carrying my cell phone.
2) I gave more money to a local charity for refugees than we can "afford."
3) When I read of a water charity on my friend Anna's blog, I shared a small gift with them.
I also recognized our vulnerability and started working on two emergency "kits" in case of a tornado or earthquake. Brad and I collected materials to store in the basement, and I did the same for my car.
For the basement we're taking down jugs of water, blankets, a radio with batteries, replacement batteries, a flashlight, a bucket (for a toilet) and old tennis shoes. We will be adding more--things like energy bars, Kleenex, toilet paper, etc.
For my car, I threw some old tennis shoes in the back seat, some water bottles and a blanket in the trunk, and I'll be adding some energy bars.
There are many ways God keeps us vulnerable, even with all the blessings He bestows on me. My prayer, that I continue to turn to Him in times of need.
This week's message encourages us to do something that causes us to feel ostracized. None of the suggestions feel right to me. Yet...
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your walk through the weeks of Lent! Not sure I like those suggestions either, but perhaps they work for someone else.
You should add kitty litter in the winter to your car! It has a ton of uses, such as traction in ice or snow, a heavy bag can add weight like you might with sand bags, and it can be used to help clean up messes (since it absorbs liquids). And who knows when you may need to change a litter box.. :)
For me, I'd just have to wear my psoriasis proudly...
Good luck coming up with your idea... I'll pray the right idea hits you...
(P.S. I forgot to mention, I loved your wedding pics!)
Post a Comment