Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Little Post About a Little Walking

     There are a lot of fitness blogs out there--weight loss blogs, exercise blogs, eating right blogs.  Just about any approach you could think of to get to a more slender you has a blog (or twenty) written about it.  I guess, by going public, bloggers are hoping to help themselves by keeping accountable to the blogosphere and help others by sharing their wins and losses.
      Except for the five pounds I've picked up over this winter, I'm not trying to lose weight.  But, I am trying to be/stay fit.  So when I saw this "challenge" at February's start, I joined in.  I figured it would be easy, even starting in a month late, because I walk a lot.  Of course, then, in mid-February, I got sick and I was sick for a month, so my numbers are less than stellar.
     As of this morning, I have put in a total of 95.95 miles toward the goal of 400 for the year.  Not bad, but not where I wanted to be by this point.  Mathematically speaking, I'm on goal, but in my head, I'm not. 
     So I walk on.  Maybe I'll jog on one day soon as those miles, of course, count too!

2 comments:

Karin said...

More power to you!!

Stacy said...

You have a lot of determination when it comes to fitness so I have no doubt you will get back on track and finish strong.