Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fragments for the First Time

     Okay, on Tuesday I was random, on Wednesday I shared shared words, yesterday I sort of quoted something I heard on the radio...where's the real me?  I'm here, but I'm feeling scatter-brained and fragments seem to be a perfect fit.

Thank you Mrs. 4444
  • I am taking part in blog hops this month in particular, because I've decided this is "Making Friends May."  I am strengthened by my little blogging community.
  • This time of any school year is befuddling and emotional--wrapping up this school year (with fun and mega-assessments) while looking ahead to next year without really be ready to think about it.
  • My to do list at home is causing me stress. This is dumb, there's nothing stressful on it.  It's just long.  It will get done.
  • I lied...working on my recertification is making me stick my head in the sand.
  • This week, a male teacher's wife had her baby.  While she was laboring, an email came out to ALL of us telling us when she was at "a 7."  I'm okay with not knowing the particulars.  It doesn't offend me, but isn't that a little TMI?
  • On Tuesday night I sat here and wrote a long blog post about my situation (or lack thereof) with my sister.  I read it to Brad and he listed reasons to not publish it.  Smart man.  But boy, you missed out on some REAL writing.  I actually do have that ability.
  • My kids at school are totally into the card game Children's Authors.  I love hearing them talk about Laura Ingalls Wilder, Hans Christian Anderson, and Beatrix Potter as they play.  They ask for inside recess just to play!
  • Today 4S goes to FMSC.  Hairnet pictures can't be far off!
  • My husband has been working on the great (our only downstairs) room for five or six weeks now.  (I'm afraid to verify the date...) It's going to look nice and smooth, but I think resurfacing the walls may put him in a straight jacket.  Next, the master suite.  Eep.
  • My tomato plants are looking, um, weathered.  So much for starting them from seed.  And last weekend I planted my zinnia seeds, but it was so windy, they may have blown to the neighbor's yard.  Ashlee, be on the look out for blooms...
  • What does fondant taste like?
  • Right now I'm reading Juliet Fay's new book. The Paris Wife and Rob Bell's Love Wins are next.

  • Now that I'm working on this Couch to 5K running plan (turns out there are a few, and some are harder, but since I'm into this one now for 4 weeks, I'll stick with it), I am not able to read on the treadmill.  I'm losing reading time.  But I hope I'm gaining much more.

15 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

about the labor email ... DEFINITELY too much information.

and,uhm, maybe you should take a vacation before your husband tackles that master suite home improvement!

Hilary said...

I agree too much info! I think all this social media sometimes goes to far. A girl I went to HS with posted on FB about giving birth to her baby about 5 minutes after he was born. Wouldn't that time have been better spent with him & her hubby?

Ann in the UP said...

Visiting from Friday Fragments---fondant tastes like melt in your mouth pure sugar. Brush teeth directly after consumption.

Labor information isn't something most people want to know about. None of us want to dwell on it again. I'm pretty sure and I was a nurse in labor and delivery.

Unknown said...

some fondant is nasty, some fondant is tasty, it all depends on what the baker uses to make it. Either way it is thick and VERY sweet. The best kind (in my opinion) is the kind that is made with marshmallow, because it has a flavor, the other kind just tastes like sugar (since that is what it is primarily made of!).

It makes cakes look pretty, and that's about it. I usually peel it off and eat the cake and buttercream icing underneath! :)

Mel Fraase said...

I work in a birthing center, and I still get weirded out when the Dad and all his buddies are in and out of a labor room. Isn't there a line to draw somewhere?

I'm doing a 5k tonight.... I'll be walking it with my MIL. She's my excuse to not have to run it!!! Good luck!

Sam | Away She Went said...

I've tried reading on the treadmill too...it's so hard! I've been thinking about starting a Couch to 5K program too. How do you like it?

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I love to hear what you are up to!
7 cm? Too much info. Ok, so I'm the queen of too much info on my blog, but you know what I mean! xo

Kay said...

how funny, you made me remember that when i was in labor with #2, my reservist army buddies showed up in the labor room to see how it was going. thank goodness for medication ;-)

welcome to FF, glad you could make it!! i love FF. i enjoyed your post much!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I love the way you just stuck fondant in there! I've heard it tastes awful which makes me wonder why anyone would put it on cake! Just give me the buttercream and no one gets hurt!

Your profile description is awesome! I think we shall be friends! :)

Unknown said...

I love "Making Friends May." That's awesome! I need to get my hands on the Children's Authors game - that sounds right up my alley.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. It's nice to meet you. Have a great weekend, and good luck with your sewing!

Daenel T. said...

Recertification, yikes, some of the students at the library have been dealing with that.

Ummm, yeah, the "7" is yuck! LOL

Yeah, it's hard balancing what to share and what not to share. I've deleted, rewritten and edited after posting posts for that very reason.

lisa :) said...

I think all of your writing is "real writing". Even when it's on lighter topics you have a great gift for capturing your life on paper (or rather... on keyboard?).

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the new Rob Bell book - I know there's been a lot of controversy surrounding it, but I tend to really like his stuff.

Also, I think it's cool that your students like the Children's Authors game! I used to love to play the traditional Authors card game with my mom and I credit it for my much of my bookish knowledge (and perhaps my adult love of literature!).

Ellen aka Ellie said...

In defense of the couple who sent the 7 email, I don't know if they wanted it forwarded. They sent it to one person who told another person who then sent it to the whole staff.

The baby was born that evening and is healthy and adorable.

:)

Mrs4444 said...

Yeah, I agree on the TMI--I'm pretty sure I'd rather my husband's coworkers never think about my cervix in any condition.

Good Luck with your list. I haven't started mine yet.

I will not be exercising until I heal from my "kickball incident" last night. I had no idea running at age 48 is not something you just jump into, especially when playing with middle schoolers.

Thanks for linking up this week! I hope you found it satisfying :)


Welcome to FF, the easier, most satisfying post to write, ever! Thanks for linking up!

Mrs4444 said...

P.s. Sorry about the end of my comment sounding goofy. I'm using an iPad and couldn't see where the last part had "gone," so I wrote it again...