Thursday, May 19, 2011

think about IT

Pilfered from the radio; can't recall the source beyond that.
(I drive in stop-and go-traffic, I drive a stickshift, so thanks for understanding that I can't take notes as I commute!)

God doesn't expect any one of us to be perfect. 
He expects us to be gracious and forgiving.


Am I the only one who needs such reminders about 1,000 times a day?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

some how some way I should post this in the front of my classroom.. My days have been full of me not saying nice things about students in my head!

Stacy said...

No, you're not alone...which is why we need grace and forgiveness.

ALI said...

Nope... And what a great reminder... I love these out of the blue signs to remind us He is with us every day.

lisa :) said...

Of course you're not the only one! Thanks for sharing the reminder!

Granted, if we were perfect, we wouldn't need the reminder that we don't need to be perfect. I suppose the frustrating part is that pride keeps pulling people toward feigned perfection rather than giving and receiving forgiveness, mercy, and grace. Aren't things always sweeter when people can just be real with each other?

purejoy said...

if only we could fully embrace that perfection is illusive… i love the idea of being forgiving and merciful instead.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

You know, I always thought Christians thought they were perfect. And it seemed like they were hypocritical because of that. And a lot of Christians espouse perfection, or speak as though they believe they are better folks. What a turn off to the rest of the world! We are--none of us-- good enough, but God loves us anyway.

There's just so much mudslinging about sin within the church--naming names and judging who's good and who's bad. There's only One who can make those decisions. The rest of us can just do as well as we can and remember we are loved at a wonderful, horrible cost

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I love this sentiment and it is so true. A friend of mine who is very exuberant about his faith actually owns a t-shirt that says "No perfect people allowed". Makes me smile every time I see it :)