Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ellie Experiences a Parable

    So today, with Brad as my audience, I told the story from Luke chapter 8--the one about the seeds.  And he listened, without interrupting--because I told him he had to imagine himself in church (you don't interrupt the teaching pastor).  When I was done, he said, "You could be a preacher."  Am I showing you a lack of humility when I share that comment here?  Because I wasn't sure...it really warmed my heart.
     I am so impressed by this method of study.  I loved practicing the story and making personal connections to it. (I have to figure out how to use in in the classroom.)  Right now, I want to (very much) learn another story.  But the assignment includes that soak day...time to soak it all in. And the next day I'm meant to pray.
     So I will.  First of I'll pray a prayer of thanks that I'm feeling called to read His book again. It's been too long since I've dug into it for more than a random verse.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

It's wonderful how supportive and encouraging Brad is! I'm sure with your teaching background you'd be great at sharing and/or preaching. :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I cannot express just how much I enjoyed this experience!

Beth Zimmerman said...

That's awesome, Ellie! I love that story. Experienced it from all angles by this point!

Mrs4444 said...

:)

Gretchen said...

yay! Can't wait to try this with my own kids.