Wednesday, June 29, 2011

No "Whiz Bang!" Plans

    This summer has started off kind of rough, and except for the fact it means the hastening of time, I'm okay with it being July in less than two days.  As I look ahead to the rest of the summer, I have to say, we don't have anything huge taking place. Brad is working hard to get his business going, and I'm so proud of him, but he needs to be by his laptop a lot.  That means he's always working. This is not a complaint!  This is a praise!
     But...that and cash flow do restrict our traveling.  (I am going to Baton Rouge for Mac's 25th in August.)
     So, nothing "whiz bang!"
     Still I have to get moving.  I have been soooo lazy for the past 2.5 weeks, and it's driving me crazy.  I have decided that July is going to be "do and go" month.  I have many things to "do" and places (nearby) to "go."  Except for tutoring days, I'm going to do or go somewhere every day.  I'm going to get things done.
     For example, I'm going to turn this...
     into a tote bag.  Must get over my fear of that machine.

     I'm going to use more of this:
     to make more of these (the light blue are mine):
     for our RMH/Warm Up America throw.  (And BTW, a High School Musical pencil is an essential knitting tool.)
   
     I hope to get started on another knitting project using this stash:
     and plans from this notebook:
     I'm all organized, I'm just not moving enough!

     I'm going to bake more, trying these pretzels (Thank you Brenda!):
      I'm going to cook more using these resources:
I also hope to:
go canoeing
visit the Art Institute
hang out at Brookfield Zoo
see the Sox win in person
take Brad to the Chicago Historical Museum
bike ride along the Fox River
run again
hill climb for fitness
visit my friend Dori
take a girls' trip to Lake Geneva
throw a party for my son

     However, my holds keep coming in at the library (six more to pick up tomorrow). So I will also be spending some time with books:
July is my favorite month of the year!

11 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm not at all crafty but I admire those who are! Those knit squares are beautiful! I would cherish a blanket made from those.

My summer has no whiz bang in it although time is whizzing by and I suspect that my summer will end with a BANG when the 17 year olds, or their parents, realize that college is fast approaching and they all go online to apply in August. At that point my blogging hits the skids!

Gretchen said...

aah, if I had a little bit more time I'd love to learn to knit. Actually, I'd prefer to learn to crochet and I know my mom could teach me, but I have about 0 spare time as it is.

I do love to sew but haven't done it in so long. I think I do a decent job at it, actually! Surprisingly, I was kinda active with it when my 3 olders were very young. I made a lot of their clothes. Then they grew up, and I got online more, and the rest is history.

You have a lot of plans. SOunds like you will be very busy - a good kind of busy. Unlike me who will just basically be playing referee all summer!

Karin said...

I'll actually be working extra hours throughout the summer because one of our staff went for knee replacement. Your summer sounds much more inviting and definitely fantastic! Love your photos!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Wow, you are going to be busy! I super duper love that fabric that's about to be a tote. For realz.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I, too, have a very long list of things to get moving on. Thus far I've cleaned out the kitchen cabinets and gone to the pool alot. That's about it!

ALI said...

Your summer sounds full of plans. For me, it is just flying by way to fast. Mom & I are going to buy J's school uniforms this weekend for the fall. When I first looked at them back in March, this seemed forever away... Now it is less than 90 days. :(

Hope you have a great weekend!

Rebecca Jo said...

I say YES to every project you have planned... love it all :)

I am DETERMINED to learn my sewing machine too!!! Love that print. Gonna make a beautiful tote!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what "whiz bang!" plans might look like!! WOW!
I have a few projects on my radar… making slip covers for the girl's new breakfast bar chairs so they better fit into their apartment decor is in order. I should probably tackle that soon. We're going down to see her tomorrow for her 20th. GAH. There are now officially no teenagers in the house. Whaaaaa.

Stacy said...

That sounds like a lot of good stuff to do...whiz bang, or not. My own summer's not so different. I am hoping to take some day trips if and when Tim is ever finished with his current project and can take some time off. I didn't see recertifying on the list...have you done that yet? I'm still dragging my feet on the CDL recert (I don't want to think about how often the "do I really want to keep doing this?" thoughts are popping up).

What did the doctor have to say? You did go....right??

Sam | Away She Went said...

It makes me tired just reading about everything you plan on doing in July. Other than Vegas in September I don't have any big plans either.

Pam C said...

My plan is to immerse myself in books this summer - for pleasure and also for my new job. I am hoping it gets and stays warm so my pool will warm up beyond freezing and I can do a little water aerobics (maybe while reading - although a tad risky for both kindle and paperback!)