"A thousand times I've failed, but His mercy remains. When I stumble again, I'll be caught in His grace."
Friday, June 3, 2011
Friday, Friday, Friday oh Friday...and I'm splintered...fragmented even
Have you seen the commercial where the taste buds are clamoring for Snickers ice cream? I get the idea of wanting ice cream and of cheering for ice cream. But if taste buds can emote, can cellulite cells? Are they thigh high and cowering in fear every time our buds have a pep rally?
Also,while I'm thinking of commercials did you see the one for Memorial Day at Sears where the guy opens his smokin' briefcase and it's actually a barbecue grill? The fine print reads, "Do not attempt." Seriously, someone had to tell me this was not a good thing to try out?
I certainly don't get blog posts that are made up solely of photos borrowed from pinterest. What's that all about? I know, I know I'm a curmudgeon. Give me a year and I'll catch up to what's cool. That's how long it usually takes me. I am so not cutting edge.
In effort to be more Web savvy I asked to be invited to pinterest; I was accepted (phew, don't they know how uncool I am?) and now I'm really confused. A place to share pictures, okay, but then people share those same pictures on their blogs? Picture me my eyebrows furrowed, I'm lost!(Should I post a photo of that?)
I only directly linked one video to this post because I can't very well be critical of people who post only pinterest pictures when I'm only posting youtube vids. How hypocritical would that be?
Answer? VERY!
My favorite sandwich of late, Panera's mozzarella and tomato panini. (But I've never had one this obviously cheesy.)
My complaint of late, over air-conditioning. I'm just getting used to being not cold and I'm now cold. Inside.
Vandy shared a term I plan on using all summer and beyond, "TABs," tasty adult beverages. I'm a lightweight, one drink is enough, and it helps that my husband never drinks so I'm always safe with that one, but I do like them tasty!
My "to do" list for this summer is growing, and I couldn't be more excited! Now to stay on a schedule and get things done: tutoring two days, running, hill climbing, Christmas crafts, new recipes (any recipe is a new recipe to this gal), some sewing (eep), learning to crochet...can't wait!
I have gone cold turkey on a vice this week, I'm not going to share here what it is, but it's better that I completely avoid it. So if you could pray for me, join me in prayer for this one, I'd love it--and God will know what you're talking about! (It's nothing that was illegal, unhealthy or immoral, I promise you, just something that wasn't good for me emotionally.)
Not linking up today... but I'm with you on the ac... had to do a walking field trip around the city yesterday in 95* heat... I figure once the water retention and swelling from the dehydration goes away I ought to have lost 10 pounds!
My summer list is getting longer than my free time this summer... it's always the way!
Pinterest looks interesting. I may have to swing by. We are now in our cooler season in Central America. I actually slept without AC last night, and . . . wore socks. That means it's cool here. God's peace to you!
Wellll....they do have to tell people the coffee at McDonald's is hot and that dry cleaning bags don't make good toys. I'm guessing the grill in the briefcase being a bad idea isn't real obvious to those swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool, either.
Umm, that warning for the breifcase grill, that was for me. That would be awesome! Haha, hmmm how could I rig that up!? Too funny lady, and thank you so much for linking up to the Storytellers blog hop AND for sharing the button. You rock! Have a great weekend.
10 comments:
Not linking up today... but I'm with you on the ac... had to do a walking field trip around the city yesterday in 95* heat... I figure once the water retention and swelling from the dehydration goes away I ought to have lost 10 pounds!
My summer list is getting longer than my free time this summer... it's always the way!
Pinterest looks interesting. I may have to swing by. We are now in our cooler season in Central America. I actually slept without AC last night, and . . . wore socks. That means it's cool here. God's peace to you!
I guess I'm less cool than you! I don't even know what Pinterest is!
Blessings on your efforts to surrender to HIS control! I know the tug against that too well!
Hugs!
Everyone loves Pinterest. I don't get it. I must be too old to get it. I love your summer plans! Good luck on your vice. I hope you are successful!!!
Wellll....they do have to tell people the coffee at McDonald's is hot and that dry cleaning bags don't make good toys. I'm guessing the grill in the briefcase being a bad idea isn't real obvious to those swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool, either.
I don't know what Pnterest is either so you won't find any pictures from there on my blog!
That's nice you have so many summer plans.
I'm with you about the AC, especially in restaurants!
Stopping by from FF.
Umm, that warning for the breifcase grill, that was for me. That would be awesome! Haha, hmmm how could I rig that up!? Too funny lady, and thank you so much for linking up to the Storytellers blog hop AND for sharing the button. You rock! Have a great weekend.
good for you for giving up whatever that vice was!! never heard of pinterest, I'm really out of what is in or not these days, LOL :)
sounds like a lot of fun projects to keep yourself "busy" this summer!
betty
I'm so uncool I never even heard of Pinterest. You piqued my interest.
Fabulous Fun Friday post! Pinterest?? Will have to check it out. Enjoy your week-end!
Post a Comment