Thursday, June 2, 2011

What color is your pom-pon?

     On Tuesday I asked for cheering on as I continued to work toward my goal of running 5K.  Specifically, I needed a push to get to the 20 minute mark of running.  A number of my blogworld friends offered encouragement, and each kind word meant so much to me! 
     Yesterday I woke eager (how weird is that?) to run and I felt buoyed by my friends' thoughtfulness.  I got on the treadmill, turned on 18 Kids and Counting, an episode in which Jim Bob nearly "dies" running a mile, and I ran.  I ran for 24 minutes! (With Jim Bob Duggar as the wind beneath my wings...)
     Keep shaking ladies, keep cheering!  I will be thankful to God and for you!

5 comments:

betty said...

WTG on the running! that is awesome!!

betty

Ellen aka Ellie said...

It was a joyful surprise and mini-accomplishment. Truly, it and you all made my day!

Sam | Away She Went said...

24 minutes! Awesome! That's seriously impressive. I know I've mentioned it before, but I seriously need to start this program!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

You ran for 24 minutes straight without stopping???? That is awesome! I'm so proud and impressed :D

Stacy said...

Way to go! Proud of you!