Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stripes But No Stars

     On Saturday, Dani posted her weekly Shoe Style Saturday featuring some very chic, if never worn shoes.  I think my reply to her was something like, "I've got nothing."  Her shoes were that hot.  Thirty-six hours later, it occurred to me that I do have shoes that haven't seen the light of day much more than Dani's have. They are not hot, but since they're striped, I thought I'd share them here, you know, for the Fourth!
     I bought these classic espadrilles at TJ Maxx about five years ago.  I've worn them about five times, and for only a short period each time.  Yes, they are comfy, but since the ribbon ties are meant to go 'round my ankles to the bottom of my calves, they slide a lot and they're very annoying.  Annoying shoes.
     So while they are not at all fashion forward they are classic, and I figured they deserved to come out of the closet.  Maybe I'll think of a reason to wear them soon.  Maybe.
     Shoe Style Saturday, on a Sunday night!  
Happy 4th of July to all!

8 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I love that you seem so sensible but you are a shoe addict! :)

Stacy said...

I remember having a pair of wedgies back in the 70s that laced up my leg like those. I had to tie them so tight they cut into my legs to keep from sliding around in them. Hated them!

Daenel T. said...

Those are incredibly cute and they're stylish ~ you can find them at various stores. I have lace~ups but don't wear them for the very same reasons that you mentioned.

Rebecca Jo said...

I WANT!!!!! :)

purejoy said...

Those are so cute! Could you shorten the straps so you would only have to wrap them twice?
I can't say I'm much of a fan for the wedge. I know, it's the style, but I just can't bring myself to invest. With my luck, it'll go out of style in a month and then I'll be branded… a slow, slow fashionista. Not like my name and fashionista have ever, EVER used in the same sentence. ha!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

When he came across the photo shoot last night, Brad asked me why I never wear them...so I think I need to find a day, soon!

Unknown said...

I have a pair of tie-up shoes, I wrap them around my ankle about two times and tie a bow in the back. I had to shorten the ribbon a bit, but it eliminated the annoyance of having them slide down my calf!

ALI said...

I was going to suggest what Erin did. Can you wear them tied at your ankle?

They are super cute!