Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tired Tidbits

It's a slow news week here in Atown and Btown.  Actually, there is a lot happening, but I'm just too cashed to share much with you.  And it's school stuff that's consuming my thoughts, bureaucracy and all, do you really want to hear it?  I think not.

So I'm going to share these random tidbits instead.

Trying to eat a little healthier, I bought a six pack of the above the other day.  Having never tasted it, I asked Brad what he thought it tasted like.  He said, "Cold tomato soup."  He was right.  One little can = one serving veggies.  I should drink 5 a day.  (It's only 30 calories.)

I've never had an apricot.  I wanted to get some of those, but our grocery store didn't have them.  Time to branch out...

Why did my hair barely curl in Baton Rouge with all that humidity but went NUTS here yesterday where it was (relatively) cooler?  I swear I could hear each little curl pop out like wire springing.  Note to self, more Garnier anti-humidity on these little locks.

All my good library holds came in this week.  Go figure, I've been waiting months for some of them. School has resumed, and at night (8:00!) I lie down to read and immediately fall asleep...

Think about It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  Remember the scene with Lucy escorting Linus home and into bed each night.  Now insert Brad escorting Ellie.  I'm helpless after eight and haven't even started tutoring after school yet. 

This was a bad week to give up caffeine.

My new students are so durn cute, but they never stop talking.  Never.  Only two days into it, there's  a lot of behavior training to do because there's a lot of learning we need to do. 

I'm planning on painting a pumpkin to look like a candy corn come fall.  So I went to Michael's to buy some paint.  I picked up yellow and orange.  What's wrong with that picture?

Hot date last night with the husband, Bed, Bath and Beyond for a new 2-tiered lazy Susan and a container for our powdered sugar!  What a wild life, eh?

Hey, four months until Christmas!

This is how spacey back-to-school makes me.  Twice this week at about 10 a.m. I've wondered if  I forgot to apply my anti-antiperspirant.  I keep some in my desk drawer for such a reason, but it's baby powder scent.  Gag...I'm smelled like a clean baby's butt two days this week. 

I need to do something "green," it's been too long since I made a change for the better. I'm thinking of alpaca dryer balls for softening.  Any one use such things?

Loving this...







6 comments:

Stacy said...

You're going to paint a pumpkin orange? ROFL!

Back to school is always tough at first. Hopefully, you will adjust and be less tired soon.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm crazy tired myself and I don't have school to blame it on! Some days I sit at my desk fighting the urge to just lie down on the carpet and close my eyes for a while ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Debbie H-R said...

V-8 is my favorite juice! Good call!

Buy a white squash instead of a pumpkin and then you won't have to return the orange paint nor purchase white!

I read that the average person looks at themselves in the mirror 70 times a day!!! huh??? I guess that makes me WAY below average then ,,, I believe I look at myself about 4 times a day ,,, which explains why I often say "OMGosh!" at myself at the end of the day at look #4!!

I've stayed up past my bedtime 3 nights this week ,,, it's a challenge being married to a nightowl when you're a morning person! I'm totally schlepping today!

It's a gorgeous day today, so I'm enjoying the schlepp!

I'm looking forward to sitting on the deck this evening with a book in one hand and a glass of wine in the other (which now that I think of it will make turning the pages of the book quite a challenge!)

I LOVE randomness!

Deb

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I switched the paint before purchasing!

My kids keep putting their heads down. My rule is, not unless I get to too!

Think I'll drink my V8 on the way home.

Deb, B is a night owl too. Poor lonely man! It's hard to not stay up with him. I simply miss him.

I look in the mirror as seldom as possible. We sure bring that average down!

Unknown said...

LOVING that saying!!!!

Jane said...

Not sure exactly how they are working, but I did make some dryer balls from leftover wool knitting worsted. After washing several times in a nylon washing bag, they have felted quite nicely. Now to see if they actually work.