Monday, September 19, 2011

Josh Wilson

(photo by my friend Harry Miyamoto)

Last Sunday night, while I was on my blog break, Brad and I went to see Josh Wilson at a sort of nearby church.  We had seen him as an opening act twice recently, and we said if he ever "headlined" we'd see him if we could.
We mistakenly arrived about 1.5 hours before show time, and the church staff were gracious enough to let us in early, so we were blessed with first row center seats.  
I didn't bring my camera, and that was okay. I wanted to savor the show.  But my friend Harry showed up, and he's almost always with a camera, so I asked him to share this.

Simply put, if you ever have a chance to see Josh, do.


He put on a two hour solo show, no band, he was his own band.
He's funny.
He's richly talented.
God was with us.
Brad said, he felt we were all in the presence of David--as in King David--
writer of psalms and songs.
"He expresses all that is good in living for our God. We need people like this to help guide our way to the Father. Pray for his influence and his walk of faith."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

delightful! Hope you have a good day and week for that matter!

eric b. said...

Love me some Josh Wilson. I had the opportunity to meet him a couple years ago at the Willow Creek Arts Conference where we were both participating. He's a cool dude and writes some great songs, several of which we have used in our church services. LIKE.

ALI said...

Sounds like a wonderful night! Glad you two were able to get out & enjoy it!

Stacy said...

Is he just local or does he travel?

sharon said...

What a wonderful way to spend an evening! I found your blog while blog hopping! Love it and will be back often. When you have time pay my blog a visit too!