This year has been the hardest school year ever. Due to confidentially issues, I can not elaborate, but there are many reasons--and they go beyond the children. I'm thankful for my peers, I think we keep each other sane. Sane yes, but there's no avoiding exhaustion.
We got out "early" this year for Winter Break, today is the first official day. So, I didn't have time to do the many things I like to do in December. I didn't get to read the stories I usually read.
One project we did get to was this one (go to Friday's post for a tutorial):
The kids made little yarn wreaths for their families. I love that they all were a little bit the same and a little bit different. I loved that I, the non-crafty and not so always patient one, was able to lead them all through this (and the wrapping) and not get cranky, not even once. It was fun, something we sorely need in 4S!
Some kids were so excited, they gave their wreaths away the night they brought them home. Others decided to wait and told me to NOT post this on my class blog. So I won't. It's not like I had a moment to take photos anyway!
Oh and we did read this:
I love it, and so did they!
Come back tomorrow for part two of "A Classroom Christmas." I can't wait to tell you about their gifts to me. (Does that sound greedy? It's more of a humbling thing...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm glad you had a little time... our schedule is so rigorous that we barely acknowledge the holidays.
Post a Comment