Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sandal Style Saturday

Last weekend, Brad and I went to the mall. This was a different outing for us because neither of us are fans of malls, but since my niece has just gotten a job at Gilly Hicks (that's fodder for another post), we decided to visit her at work.

While there, we popped into Macy's.  The Macy's that used to be the Marshall Field's at which I worked for years, years ago.  All the same brands and designer stuff, but ugh, what a pit.  (That's also fodder for another post.)

After purchasing some discreet peds to wear with my red pumps to the graduation, I strolled by the women's shoe department where I spied some Steve Madden flat thong sandals. They were all sparkly, adorable, and girlie, so I flipped one over to see the price.  EIGHTY bucks!  EIGHTY dollars!  I couldn't believe it.  (And just now when I found them on-line so I could include them here, they were listed for $89.95.)
Yeah, I know, I get sticker shock over everything.  I'm cheap that way.  But seriously, 80 or 90 dollars for spanglified flip-flops?  Did I just wake from a coma?  Are people paying $4.00 for a gallon of gas, too?  Oh wait...

Guess I'll have to be happy with these:

The first pair is from Target, and yes, I know they don't compare.  I still like them. They'll turn five this summer.
And these?  I bought these at a little boutique in San Diego called Payless Shoe Source (Come on, say it like Phoebe said, "Nes Lay Toll Hawse," and you'll get the joke.)  I think that mission trip (yep, we used to fly through San Diego on our way to do God's work) was seven years ago.  And I still love the detail of them.


My girliest?  They might be these from Marshall's (which by the way is usually tidier than the Macy's I visited). They're an ancient eight.  Perhaps they're nine?  So old, I cannot recall.  Either way, they're mine.  (They'd make great forensic evidence due my footprint, eh?)

Spangled for sure!

Joining in with Dani.  Her hop allows for the fluff when the fluff is what I crave.

8 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Ummmmm, I do love me some flippies for summer. The top two pairs you showed won my little heart for sure.

I REALLY need a pair of lime green ones. But I'm picky - - - they need to be cute AND cheap.

So far, I haven't found lime green that fits in both categories.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Have you seen switch-flops? Not sure about the price. There was a cute little boutique selling them at the Hotel we stayed at in Nashville. One pair of shoes. Multiple looks. Really cute idea!

Beth Zimmerman said...

http://www.lindsay-phillips.com/

Stacy said...

I rarely wear any shoes but flip-flops during the summer so I'm loving your collection. I just saw some that looked very much like that $80 pair at Fashion Bug for $12...but you don't have one of those any more. :(

Daenel T. said...

The price of a pair of flip flops is beyond crazy. I understand if you have the money but still... Dude, that's a lot of change for what 3 pieces of fabric and a sole?

Thanks for linking up.

Susan Shull said...

You own some really cute sandals! I am with you on the price of the Steve Madden's-CRAZY. I was at TJ yesterday and tried on a really cute pair, but put them back on the shelf when they were over $30. Too high for my cheap self!

ALI said...

Check out the DSW, as they carry both Steve Madden & Madden Girl.

Jane said...

Email me your address......