I'm not sure what's up, but I seem to have lost the heart for blogging. I would say I've lost the mind for blogging, but the idiom revolves around the heart.
While I believe my life is relevant, I'm not so sure you need a diary dosage of what goes on in Ellie's mind and life.
Right now I'm adjusting to summer. There's always a strangeness to the beginning of summer break. Adjusting to the quiet, adjusting to the bed time and rising, adjusting to the change of responsibilities. It's good, but it's strange.
As for this space on the Internet, I'm feeling at a loss for how to fill it well.
So, for now, and maybe now is only today and the previous few days, it continues to go unfilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I've been through just such blogging slumps - - - but eventually I notice something and think: "blog!" and I'm off again.
Breaks are good.
I think we all go through this at times. I hope it's temporary, because I for one, would miss your perspective!
I think we all need breaks from time to time, especially when there is a life change. Summer has started, you need to decompress.
I do read more blogs than I write posts. Feel just like you! With all I've got going here with work, family and health challenges, it doesn't leave much for creativity! And that's ok. I'm so good at giving other people permission to take breaks, I'm starting to take my own advice, lol! Have a great week-end!
I hear ya sista! I haven't blogged anything in a long time! I don't really have the heart for it anymore...I have only been off one week and it is an adjustment...I have been really working on myself physically and mentally but it is a private job...know what I mean? My daughter is moving in 6 days and that makes me all pent up... Maybe hopefully someday I will come back to blogging..shrug...not sure!
I think blogging slumps are normal & probably good. If we are too busy to write, then our life is being fufilled in other ways.
I get this way, but then I get annoyed at myself, as I'm blogging for J's memory book... How can I collect the memories if I don't sit down & write them??? Ugh!
Um... well... I guess you know that I completely understand this. The fact that I only had one blog post in the last month is kinda telling...
When I first started blogging, I NEEDED to get my words out there. It was absolutely therapeutic to type out my words and have people say, "YES! I AGREE! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!" or commiserate with me as I bemoaned my parenting choices. "I've been there, done that. Your kids will survive." etc.
But now I feel like, "Do people REALLY want to hear me EVERY. SINGLE. DAY?" I feel like, at some point, people will say, ENOUGH ALREADY! got anything new to say???
Lots of times I have things in my head I want to say, and then I think them over and realize, "yah, not that interesting..."
So all that to say, I hear ya. But I'll keep reading. And maybe I"ll actually start commenting more! :)
Been there, doing that. Totally can relate. I figure is it important to post even when I have nothing really, REALLY, to say?
And so I remain {oddly} quiet.
Post a Comment