Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Overwhelmed by Pins

Yeah, Pinterest.  I like it.  I use it.  I've written before that I'm kind of (beyond) weird about it.  I try to keep my number of pins to below 500 (it used to be 400), and I'm overwhelmed by people who pin a lot.  So I pick and choose who to follow and/or which of their boards (love that option) I follow.  Really, this may be old school of me, but I do the same with magazines.  I'm not much of a page ripper, recipe keeper, or catalog corner bender.  I often recycle the latter without even opening them.  I am overwhelmed by wishlists.  (I'm pretty sure that makes me super boring.)

I'm sometimes intimidated by all the good decorating taste floating around in Pinland, and I'm daunted by all the truly artsy and talented crafty folks out there.  The cooks? Forget about it!  They've got me beat.  The fitness folks--all more cut than I am! The clothing folks, well-dressed--to the nines.  Gulp!  I'm just not fabulous in any of those areas.   (I am a true dilettante.)

So when I came across the above ecard (on Pinterest, of course) late yesterday, I had to pin it because it cracked me up! (And it made me feel a little better.  But only a little...)

That's why I've kept this pinned for months:
http://graceserenity.tumblr.com/post/8108536402

You know, in spite of all I'm lacking--or, in the case of cellulite, gaining--life is good!

6 comments:

Alessandra said...

That's very true, but I don't know what Pinterest is, I guess i better go find out. :)

Sam | Away She Went said...

You're still following my boards, so you must not be talking about me :)

I go through pinning phases. Somedays you'll see 10 pins in a row and then nothing for a few days. I recently cleaned up most of my boards and deleted about 400 pins. It's so much easier to look through them now.

nancygrayce said...

I tried to get into Pinterest, but I guess I'm just not crafty minded enough! :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Alessandra and Nancy, it's really just a spot to keep organized track (visually with links) of things you might normally bookmark or print out.

Sam, Nope, not you!

I go through phases, too, but I also purge. It's just too hard to keep track of where things are filed, and there's only so much time in a day. I followed one woman who was rather late to pinning, and each time I logged on, my whole wall would be her pins. She had a great eye, but did she need to pin everything? She now has 8600 pins! Eep!

Annemarie said...

I still don't even 'get' it. However, that being said, I've been on it for probably a total of two hours.

ALI said...

I have not let myself spend time Pinterest'ing... I spend enough time reminding myself that I have all I need, and asking for help with removing wants...

My theme is:

I don't want to spend my life wishing it away.

And as a result, I want a lot less.


That said, I love the Joy!