I didn't know before becoming a Christ Follower that singing in church is called worship. It's now one of my favorite parts of the service, of each Sunday. Last summer, I stood in the back of the auditorium one Sunday and I was considering a name for this blog. The song that's playing as you read this was shared. The words washed over me; the words described my want.
Losing myself. It fits me. It's a nicer way of saying, "Get over yourself, draw near to Him because He so wants to draw near to you." How can you not feel that pull?
Brad is so moved by the lyrics, he checks into this blog just so he can hear it whenever he wants to.
Sweet Brad.
Sweet Brad.
Two weeks ago, I was asked to do a reading during service, so I had to go early. During the run through, the worship leaders were singing this. So, I snapped the lyrics, well, just because.
May your day be rich with worship.
May your week be! Throw in a CD as you drive to work, listen to K-LOVE, and worship Him outloud!


2 comments:
losing myself. i'd like to say it's a favorite passtime for me, but i'd be denying my love affair with me. . . thank you for reminding me where my focus needs to be. a joyous sabbath to you!!
Kimberly, via facebook
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this song! The first time I heard it, I cried my eyes out. And it pulls at me. For some reason, it's the song I link to the day you baptized me (thus the title of my photo album).
And I listen to K-LOVE ALL the time in my car. Lol. It's my #1 preset station. It's pretty awesome to see the looks on people's faces when I have my windows down, music up, and I'm singing : )
I <3 this post!
Post a Comment