Friday, September 25, 2009

Question of the Week--Friday Style

This is a fun one, and it's been sanctioned by our church in a way...our lead pastor used to always say his wife really liked Mel Gibson. Really liked him. He joked about it every so often, but now that Mel's made some questionable choices (does that mean I'm judging?), he hasn't been mentioned in any messages lately.





My



"If I weren't married and they weren't married or gay,
I would totally fall in love with one of these men" crushes:




Clinton Kelly
(What Not to Wear)



Bill Hybels
(founder of Willow Creek Church and author of Too Busy Not to Pray)














and Tom Hanks
(ever since Bosom Buddies).







But the best thing about having crushes is when they go from being silly little day dreams to real love.
Therefore my biggest crush remains on this man:

photo taken by d-in-law Aubree


So the Friday Question of the Week:


Who do you crush on?

10 comments:

Sarah Lynn said...

Clinton Kelly? Really? I've heard sooooo many people say that!

Oh, Too Busy Not to Pray = Good book! Did you like it? I'm guessing yes since he's one of your "crushes" . . .

As for me, let's see. . .

Christopher Meloni from Law and Order SVU stole my heart when I was little . . . and I still would LOVE to meet him!

Chris Lowell, who plays Dell on ABC's Private practice. Yeah, he's a cutie : )

I think I might have something with the name Chris . . . Lol!

And then of course, I have my "real people" crushes, but those really shouldn't be posted all over the internet now should they! : D

purejoy said...

i'm not gonna lie. i've got it bad for michael jordan. i think he's just sexy.
richard gere has some kind of magnetism i can't deny. . . but his personal life kinda creeps me out.
and i love liam neeson. he's tall and sexy and i love his voice. . . and now he's got my sympathy vote. liam. . . i'll make you feel better!

Pam C. said...

Colin Firth hands down - Bridget Jone's Diary, Love Actually and all of those period pieces??? He is irresistible!

Anonymous said...

I am a blessed man to have the love of a wonderful Christian partner bestow this gift of deep abiding acceptance of me. I feel unworthy and at the same time appreciative to be the one on whom she lavishes her love. I stand in awe. Thanks Ellie. You are a true gift and a treasure.

The guy holding the cute little baby. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a crush on a boy in HS once, but I didn't really date much back then ,,, did lots of baby sitting and studying and marchingin the band, etc. So we never dated or anything. 36 years later, I married him!

Between then and now, I guess it was Davy Jones of the Monkees and Richard Gere.

Debbie via facebook

Anonymous said...

I love that you inserted the "or gay" descriptor!
If he never spoke, I would totally crush on Matthew McConaughey. Adding to my crush list: Scott Foley, Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Damon and Jon Bon Jovi

Rachel via facebook

Anonymous said...

This should make you laugh....Jeff Goldblum...yep, that's right...always have, always will...ha-ha!!


Dori via facebook

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Dori,

I love jeff G. Love that he's on Law and Order now. Love love love his quirky tall self!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Dear Guy Holding the Cute Little Baby (aka Bradford holding newest grandson Owen),

You are a kind hearted man, and I am blessed that God sent you to me just when he did. To think a man from Indy could find a woman in N'ville and they could grow together under God's watchful eye and teaching words is an amazing story. I thank him for you every day, and I wouldn't trade you for Clinton, Bill, or Tom. But I might want to go shopping with Clinton some time...

ellie

mah-meeee said...

a few days late... but who's counting.

matthew mcconaughey, hugh jackman, ... and (don't laugh...) joel osteen. (is that weird?)

lol

happy friday!