Saturday, March 13, 2010

There is no such thing as a coincidence...

     My friend Pam forwards these minute meditations to me daily.  I have mentioned her and them before.  The timing of this one is perfect for where I find myself right now.  Such Light came with these words:
      Wherever you are on your faith journey, know that God wants to bring you even further. In your prayer today, sit quietly before the Lord and listen for the ways he might be calling you to grow in faith. Accept that although your plans seem pretty good, his plans are even better, even if they are nothing like what you expected. When you make a habit of trusting God’s wisdom instead of your own, you’ll find that you have more peace, joy, and inner strength. So let him lead you. You won’t regret it!
     “Father, help me to trust you. Give me the grace to surrender my will to yours, even if it means doing something I’m afraid of.” 
    

3 comments:

Pam C. said...

This last week has been filled with Minute Meditations that have really spoken to me - I have heard just what I needed to hear all week long..... how lucky we are to have His words to help us along the way...
Coincidence? I think not!

purejoy said...

i would agree with pam! not exactly sure where god is leading me (other than to buy another box of kleenex and nyquil) but i'm willing to go. right now he's leading me through some pretty rough waters. and i'm a lousy swimmer. so it's nice to know he's right there beside me, carrying me through.
sweet post today, el!

marafromiowa said...

Could you share with me how you get these minute meditations? I would be grateful and really loved this one. I though I needed to write it down and post it on a kitchen or bedroom wall and carry it in my purse. It is absolutely super. After feeling crummy yesterday and having all these lovely plans for today that I now feel too rotten to be able to carry out, I need to be reminded it is okay to let go of my plans and readjust as needed : ) Thank you so much for these words of wisdom!