Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Your patience please...

     Thanks to all of you who wrote to encourage me with this running thing.  From your comments to your emails, I was touched and strengthened.  And yes, for those of you who complimented Brad, he IS very encouraging.  I value that about him.
     Exercise is key right now.  Last year, I didn't exercise all school year.  I changed grade levels and took on a great deal of school related tutoring and private tutoring, and I was wiped out everyday.  This year will be no different.  I started tutoring yesterday and will do so each day this week save Friday. To fit it in I'm getting up to run/walk at 5:30 each morning.  It is needed for both my physical and mental health.
     This blog serves me too. With the school year schedule I keep and the distance I am from many of my good friends, I need this little outlet.  I love hearing from you, it's the only (mostly) girl time I have.
     This school year start has left me feeling super scattered--much more different than other years, and I can't identify the source. Yesterday, I was so discombobulated, I sent my kids out to lunch recess 20 minutes early. When I got to my car after school, I realized I forgot the address of my new student on my desk (and thought to myself, "I wonder if I can just guess which house was his."  Yeah, that thought actually crossed my mind...) The art projects my kids made keep falling off the wall in the hall.  Won't that be a nice impression for the parents on Wednesday night's curriculum night?
     My work load is the same or less than any of the teachers I work with, so please understand I am not complaining.  I get up happily every morning and look forward to seeing my kids.  Things just feel a notch off.  Does that make sense?
     I am waiting for and desperately craving routine while also not wanting to wish my life away.
     So if I'm less than articulate here, will you hang in here with me?

9 comments:

Pam C said...

Amen, sister!

JoAnn said...

Hugs!

Shelley said...

I think we all go through those seasons. Hold fast Ellie!

purejoy said...

discombobulation makes me feel all discombobulated. takes a while to iron out the kinks.
perhaps some militant list making would help? i find when my mind is so cluttered with a million little details, i can't focus on the job at hand.
hoping you get back on kilter soon. i'm sure your curriculum night will be a rousing success!

Tina said...

This former teacher remembers well how getting in "teaching shape" felt. My colleagues and I talked about how even IF a person is active, and in good athletic shape, it takes so much energy to be "on" and patient, and on your feet all day, voice fading by 8th period. I'll be thinking of you!

Stacy said...

We all do go through similar times, I think. The last year or so I've had some days when it was a wonder I didn't drool on myself. My gyno tells me it's all a part of peri-menapause and that one day (far, far down the road) when I come out on the other side of menapause my brain will come back home. :(

Janie B said...

Hang in there, sista! Move the body, feed the brain!

Anonymous said...

I think it is something in the air...

Thank you for taking time to support me, regardless...

I also feel like I need a new routine, but it is so hard, when there are so many balls to keep in the air that I cannot control...

But I've cleared my head & know what I want to focus on, so I feel empowered to resolve that first - then work on checking off the rest of my list as things fit.

Candace said...

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I've been feeling a bit scattered and out of sorts lately too. I pray things straighten out for you soon. It's not a fun feeling at all.

Blessings~
Candace