Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Tuesday Night Concert

     On Tuesday night, we went to a free (!) concert at our church in Naperville, The Compass.  We saw Josh Wilson, Jonny Diaz and Matthew West (the headliner).  I caught each one in with my-battery's-dying-point-and-shoot:


     Brad's back won't allow him to stand in line for long, so he was allowed in extra early.  He then snagged front row (center) seats, but he worked for them.  He helped some "young men" move some equipment only to realize as the show's third act started it was Matthew West and his band mates he helped.  My husband the roadie!  (And yes, the back allows him to move some and some things, but standing on a cement floor for more than ten minutes would have had him in great pain all day the next day.)
     The show was incredible, and I could go on and on, but instead I'll just strongly recommend you go to youtube and type in any of these musicians' names and listen.  What you will hear from them there will be more important than any words I could use to describe our night.

3 comments:

casiphia said...

Don't know if I have heard to many songs done by Johnny Diaz, but Josh Wilson and Matthew West, they are great. Would love to seem them some time. My daughter loves Matthew West. Glad you all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Really, only one comment on this post?!?

It was an amazing concert. And I agree, usually I don't like hearing that many new songs. But the way that he introduced each one and told the stories was special.

And, your pictures aren't that bad. MUCH better than the ones that I attempted to take with my weak little purple camera. I'm really kicking myself for not taking my good camera. Oh well, next time! :)

<3 Sar

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Meh, I didn't expect many comments about this. I didn't even know how to write about it, it was so wonderful...so how could anyone comment, much?