Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Random Tuesday Shtuff

Linking up with Stacy today...

Random Car Shtuff:  My car is a 2003, manual transmission Honda.  I love it.  It's paid for, gets great gas mileage, and it works.  Can't ask for anything more--car wise.
Random Blog Shtuff:  I don't "get" bloggers that just import pictures from elsewhere and then pass themselves off as interesting.   Like..."Here are my favorite rooms stolen from decorating websites..."  "Here are my favorite catalog items..." "Here are some great wedding ideas." But since those blogs are way more popular than mine, I guess I'm alone in my not get, hm?
 (This picture stolen from Country Living's website.  I googled "fancy room," and got this.  
NOT my taste in rooms or for blogs...)

Random Favorite Thing to Do Shtuff:  Making people laugh is like opening a present.  

Random Family Shtuff:  Brad's kids don't like me. They pretty much decided this without getting to know me.  I'm okay with that, but at least my family members who don't like me took a few decades to make that decision, not a few hours... 
(Dweej told me I should think about writing about family, and this is as open as I can get!)

Random TV Shtuff:  I often watch the Duggars on early morning TLC.  Then I try to think like gentle Michelle for the rest of the day.  She spends her days with almost 20 kids, and I spend with day with exactly 20 kids...Still working on the application of many of her theories...I get about halfway to work and forget the plan entirely.
 

Random Punctuation Shtuff:  I use the ellipsis too much.  I rely on it.  I lean on it.
Random (lack of) Fitness Shtuff:  I am back to working on Couch to 5K and kind of mad that I quit last fall (Why?) right after I got to the point I could run 20 minutes.  I can barely get to a tenth of that now. Le Sigh.
 (I don't look as peppy as this guy.)

Random If This Were a Mommy Blog Shtuff: If blogging were possible a little over 20 years ago, I would have definitely posted this picture of Mac (with my brother Jeff):  
(Naughty toddler.  This is how he used to comfort himself, touching his lip.)

12 comments:

ALI said...

Love the pic of Mac & his uncle. Different look sharing those indside thoughts...

Good luck with re-starting your C25K!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I'm also a wannabe Michell Duggar...who fails miserably always. She would be shocked an appalled at how little I'm like her, honestly!

I'll get more out of you yet, miss. You just wait and see!

Simply Bug said...

I totally get the picture rant. What also bothers me about that is they not only have the picture but underneath links to amazon where the items in the room per say can be found........

VandyJ said...

If everyone were like Michelle Duggar, the world would be a very boring place.
Kids are stinkers, my oldest soothes himself b touching the place between his nose and upper lip. He has inadvertently flipped us off more than once.

Thriftanista in the City said...

Love that Mac picture.

Stacy said...

This was a fun way to find out more about you. :) I'd link up, too, but I'm just doing a quick check and then I have got to finish my lesson for tonight's Bible study before I go back to work. Maybe next week if it's a weekly thing?

Scott via facebook said...

Hang in there with the running. I got on my bike the last two days and am a bit sore. But I'm hoping to up my activity level quite a bit this summer.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Heh, I've had that same thought about bloggers who post pictures of rooms like that. ;)

Give Brad's kids some time - I'm sure they'll learn to adore you! ;)

That picture of Mac with his uncle cracked me up - and not just because of the the Tom Selleck 'stash... ;)

Thanks for rockin' the random with me - I'm going to keep it up weekly while our fearless leader is on hiatus! :)

Easter, Angry Birds - RTT Rebel

Daenel T. said...

I'm with you, I don't get the whole posting pics from magazines and things and calling that a blog. Every once in a while to illustrate a point, but all the time? Uh, no.

My stepdaughter didn't like me for the longest time either. When she got pregnant with her first child, I was the one she told before she told her father. I kept her confidence and helped her through it with her dad. It was a bonding experience for us and now she calls me and texts me all the time. It's hard when the kids don't like you but, hopefully, it will come in time.

I'm an ellipsis girl too...

The Mac and Jeff picture made me snicker.

Maria (also Bia) said...

Michelle Duggar ... she is amazing.

dori said...

:-)

Hilary said...

what a fun post!!!