Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Break Recap--Aren't you dying to know?

     I considered copying some facebook pictures from other folks' trips..."Surprise I went out of town!" Then I realized I would be the only one who found this funny.  And while entertaining myself is important, in this case it would be dishonest. Sigh.
     Anyway, even though I stayed in A-town for all of break, and even though we didn't go on any Brad and Ellie field trips, I had a great break.
     What I did:
  • Walked 3-5 miles daily, 22 miles total.
  • Went to yoga (just once) and it wore me out. 
  • Took a short nap each day--20 minutes tops (one hour on yoga day).
  • Had dinner with good friends.
  • Went on one dinner date with Brad.
  • Read seven books.
  • Knitted and purled--with little success, but some progress.
  • Helped Brad (who has a project going in each room of the house) install a ceiling fan.
  • Cleaned Mac's closet with his long distance permission.  Hello Goodwill!
  • Sewed a pillow!!!!!  (Yes, I finally figured out how to thread my machine.)
  • Started on end of year gifts for my teammates (on said machine).
  • Visualized a sewing spot in our house...
  • Gave blood--just this morning in honor of Vicki.  I miss you.
  • Hugged my husband.
  • Asked him if I hug him too much--he had a good answer!
     What I didn't do:
  • Get a pedicure.  With temps in the 30s-40s, why bother? Saving that treat until we see the 60s (aka sandal weather.)
  • Switch over my seasonal clothing in my closet, same reason.
  • Buy jeans, though I did look on-line.
  • Use my TJ Maxx gift card.  Keeping it handy though.
     Monday is back to business, and on Tuesday I start working with a new tutoring student.  So that's two hours of tutoring after school every day once again. I think I was resting up in anticipation of working more. Good thing the days are "getting longer."  Happy Spring!
     I'll leave you with photos of Brad painting my "sewing room" and the fan I "helped" install.  Can you say wussy arms?  Elmo arms?  

5 comments:

nonie everythingsewing said...

Sounds like a very busy spring break. Your sewing room is going to be fabulous.

Nonie

Stacy said...

You got so much done! I think I need a nap after reading that list.

I loved yoga when I took it at the gym...and what I really liked was taking Megan along and listening to her complain about how hard it was while her fat, old mom kept on plugging.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Sounds like a great week!

Bookncoffee said...

Glad you have had a good spring break! SEVEN books! Wow!

Have a great Sunday!

Gretchen said...

wow, you were really busy! I think I've ready maybe 1 or 2 books in the last 3 months!!! But I'm a super slow terrible reader. LOL