Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Sweetness, and Lenten Log number 7

Sweet treat number one:
     My favorite (that's a joke between us, she's my only) niece sent me a message on facebook to tell me to check out this song.  She found it on Itunes, and she thought I'd like it. I do.  I have for a while.  She was right. I don't see her much, I miss her, and though she doesn't listen to Christian music, she stumbled on this one.
     God quietly at work through one of his greatest gifts--the gift of song.
     Thanks Al.

(I choose this acoustic vid to share, it just fit this early Sunday morning--worship time.)

Sweet treat number two:
     Today is our first fourth anniversary.  Four years ago today, my husband came to pick me up from school and we scurried to the county seat to get married before the office closed!  It was a Tuesday afternoon, and we were the last to be hitched in the judge's chambers that day.  He, Brad not the judge, cried.  She, the judge, was stoic.  And it was sweet and quick. I remember holding his hands and looking in his eyes.  Few people knew about it, we kept it secret for a while--this was great fun. No photos were taken though!
     Things are so good, I cried while I shopped for his anniversary card--I love and really like my husband.
  
Lent experience for this week:
     It seems like each week I'm thinking less of Lent.  I feel like I should feel horrible about this, but the World Vision challenge isn't resonating with me (perhaps it's more suited for a different age bracket).  I've had my moments, but there is simply nothing I can do in my life that compares with the suffering Christ endured for me.
     Don't misunderstand, I have talked with and spent time with Jesus this week--and it's been good.  I have prayed and read, but the scripted "program" hasn't done it for me.  What has been coming into my mind often this week?  Godspell.  Someday I should write an entire post about how the movie soundtrack of Godspell was the only God in my life for so long.  Anyway, those songs (and images from the movie) have been with me all week--on my heart and in my mind.  This week I'll throw the CD in my car so I can Praise-along on the way to work. Corny, but amazing how good chooses to work--again through song.
     Last night at church, they asked us to journey through a week's worth of specific devotionals.  I asked Brad to do this with me each evening, similar to how we spent Sunday evenings in Advent.  This is something I'm very much looking forward to.
     God, you reign...




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I have been doing this Lenten season is intentionally praying for people...you know how you say..."oh I will pray for you or for that etc"? Well.. I most often forget..so I have made it a conscious effort to actually pray for people! I hope it becomes a habit!

PS: you asked about the Fitness thingee I signed up for...ugh! I have been a slug..I am jumping back on the band wagon this week...I work a little over a mile from home so plan on walking most of the days...

Have a nice Sunday!

Karin said...

Very interesting thoughts as you journey through the Lenten season. Our journeys are unique and don't allow for them to be scripted ahead of time, just journalled afterwards! Have a great Palm Sunday!

Daenel T. said...

Yay for favorite nieces (even the only ones)....

Congrats to you and your husband. My husband and I were also married by a Justice of the Peace.

I think sometimes scripted or planned Bible time just isn't right for us as certain times. You have to pray and be led by the Spirit. If not, are you doing things because you feel you have to or because you want to?

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Lent can be such a roller coaster, so sometimes it's nice to just sit with Jesus a little with all the ups and downs we've come to expect :)

TJ @ MeasuringFlower.com said...

Thanks for adding this to the SVS blog hop! I really appreciate it! And happy anniversary! :-) I hope your week goes very well. God bless!