Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Suddenly Tuesday

I'm so not with it as far as random goes, today is catching me by surprise, but here's the minutiae that comes to mind:

Random grad student shtuff: The folks at LSU sent me a parking pass!  Aren't I lucky?  Actually, they sent it to Mac at his home address here in IL.  Hm, should I keep it?

Random Dose of Fiber shtuff:  I'm learning how to knit.  It's slow going.  Yesterday I got together with my girls, my Dose of Fiber girls, and we laid out the blanket we're working on for Warm-Up America and Ronald McDonald House. 
It's going to look great.  
We have 24.5 completed rectangles (note the skein in photo below), and we need 49.

Random explanation shtuff:  Why do I always say I'm "learning" to knit when I've been at it for more than a year now?  My rectangle, my only one so far, is the baby blue one in the first position second row from the bottom.  Can you say "simple"?  I knew you could.  Very. Slow. Going.

Random winter accessory on the first sundress day of the season shtuff:  Helen, group member and friend, gave me this scarf, and since it matched my dress, I wore it while I stitched and ate cook-out food.
Neato slip-knot feature!
Goes so well with the tank top, tank dress and love beads, eh?
Gorgeous colors. Next I learn to crochet!

Random Fashion Note:  As mentioned above, it was warm enough to wear a sundress yesterday!!

Random Run Ellie, Run shtuff:  Can you believe no one from Couch to 5K reads my blog, and therefore no one responded to the open letter I posted here?  Anyway, I tried the 20 minute thing on day three of last week, and it wasn't working.  But...I am happy to say I have decided to continue to push myself to goals I think I can reach. Yesterday, I ran 9 minutes, walked 4, and ran 15.  And it felt GOOD!  So I'm sure 20 is coming very, very soon.  And that after that, 21, 22, 23...you get the picture.  Feel free to cheer me on, I need it.  Any color poms will do...


Random Shocking Shtuff:  On Saturday, we attended a surprise 50th birthday party for my friend Gail.  Was  she surprised?  You be the judge...I believe her mouth may still be hanging open!

For more random thoughts, run over to visit Stacy...

11 comments:

Kristine said...

I like knitting but only on the circular needles. Makes my projects just fly. I love making patterned yoke sweaters. Haven't made one in ages. Must dig out my needles again...

Rebecca Jo said...

I am totally waving pom poms for you on that run!!! That's fantastic!! (of course, my pom poms are made of yarn) ;)

I am so excited to join in with your blanket! Love its going to go to a great organization too!

Love that jaw-dropping moment of surprise! That is TRULY the look of surprise there!

What a beautiful scarf!!!! Crochet will help you with your knitting actually. When you drop a stitch, its crocheting that helps pick it up & get back on the needles :)

VandyJ said...

If I didn't loath running, I'd consider the Couch to 5K program. I just hate to run. Good for you though--I'll wave pompoms and cheer you on--I'm good at that.

Karin said...

That will be a lovely blanket - those muted blues and grays! High five on your run - no running for me - but good on you!

betty said...

what a cute blanket for great causes! knitting is fun; haven't done it in a bit, but it can be so relaxing! good for you for your running program!! doing great with it!!!

what a cute scarf! I think I would have worn it too, no matter what the weather was doing!

enjoy the day

betty

Stacy Uncorked said...

I know how to crochet, but I'd love to learn how to knit - maybe we could teach each other? :)

That scarf is beautiful! And yes, it goes perfectly with your tank top and love beads! ;)

I'm totally jumping up and down and waving pompoms (in my head) for you! You can do it! :)

I love when the guest of honor of a surprise party is truly surprised. :)

Thanks for continuing to rock the random rebellion with me! :)

Heatwave Stuff & Nonsense: RTT Rebel

Daenel T. said...

I love to crochet, I find it therapeutic. Love the idea of knitting for charity.

And run, run, run! So proud of you for pushing yourself. *waves pom poms made of popcorn*

Stacy said...

I told you about my failure as a knitter...for some reason I've decided to try and teach myself to crochet this summer. Should be interesting since I don't know anyone right off hand that does it. My grandma did and my aunt does, but she's in Florida. :/

Mrs4444 said...

This is a cute post. I could relate to learning how to knit and to crochet long enough to make a few cool things (a sweater, afghans, dishrags) and then lose interest. Maybe some time I'll come back to it.

Bravo on the exercise. I have GOT to get going on that. This is our last week of school. I'll start Saturday. I hope.

Ponchonojuegomás said...

OH YEAH!

Pam C said...

Just love the pic of Gail - thanks for posting it:) I can't believe I taught Frankie in my student teaching class in 1996.... 5th grade.... I am so old!