Monday, May 30, 2011

Who are you remembering?

Memorial Day
2011

Who are you remembering this day?

On my mind and heart are:
Brandon Kitchens,
Dan Shanower,
and Allen V. Stewart*

For our freedom, we remember.

Americans are being asked to stop whatever we're doing at 3:00 p.m. today to think of all that's been given to us by every veteran.

*Mac's very good friend, USAF.
Mac's dad's friend, USN, died in the Pentagon 9-11-01.
My father, an Army veteran of the Korean War.

4 comments:

Daenel T. said...

My gratitude goes out to those who gave their lives for this country and my prayers for the families they left behind.

Anonymous said...

I am remembering my dad... Navy...he died when I was 15...I miss him every day...We are heading to the National Cemetery to honor him and my brother...he died when he was 5...

Rebecca Jo said...

I am most definitely thinking of my Papaw as he is taking his last breaths... if he passes today, on Memorial Day - it would seem so symbollic.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I'm remembering my grandfather.