Yep, a moisture wicking headband that reads "Slow Runners Club." I may be the only member, but I'm a proud one! Thanks to Beth Zimmerman and her share. If I decide to hate running, I'm going to have to continue since I've made a fashion (!) investment now.
The kids have to come to school on Monday for the last day. That's just dumb. (We have to go on Tuesday for a half day.)
I have enjoyed each blog comment I received this week. I blog to converse, and people have been "talking." I don't have a lot of readers, but I do have a lot of "conversers." Apparently, that's a made up word...
Edy's Berry Sherbet...the best sherbet there is. (Or if you're from around here, you probably say, "sherbert.")
The vice I told about last week, without really telling you about it, well I've been successful at avoiding it for 8 days now. Woo hoo! Thanks for your prayers.
My husband put together some storage shelves in the basement. On them he stored all the tools he's been working with in the kitchen and living room for over a month now. The room is done. I see the above Woo hoo and raise it with another!
I'm gearing up to give blood tomorrow. That means iron pills, broccoli, red meat and lots of water. I usually have to pee about eight times before giving. The hydration helps the techs find my veins. As soon as they pull a pint, I'm off to the john again. Then it's time for Gatorade and cookies!
I wore what I thought as the cutest dress to a shower last week, and I didn't get one compliment. (Shallow, I know.) Then at church that night, a pastor's wife chased me down to tell me she loved my dress. I was so pleased. (Shallower, perhaps?)
Now for some real pieces, I came across a blog, Knit by God's Hand, written by Rebecca Jo only a few weeks back and we blog-bonded. (Let's see, she's a believer, she knits and she runs. Not sure why we like each other.) I added her to our "Dose of Fiber" group on facebook because she knits (far away in Indiana so she can't come to knit and nosh with us), and she sent these two rectangles for our group project. The photo does NOT do them justice, they're a lovely cornflower blue.
I found this pencil on the floor at school the other day. It's perfect, can you tell what it says?
Yep, He loves me even though I'm shallow, sweaty, run slow, don't always think the nicest things (my vice thing), and eat too much sherbet.




12 comments:
I need that bandana! Or a cap that says the says the same thing. I always run in a cap.
sherBERT. Yes.
I've noticed that you and Beth have become friends lately...yea! Beth is one of my favorite people and so are you. Now you just need to come play with us on the book blog....or....I wonder if it's still possible to get a ticket for Relevant (going to be an amazing three days)?
Those half days of school on the last day are soooo dumb. We do that here, too, and I hate it as a bus driver. We drop the middle/high school kids off, go get the elementary kids and drop them off and go right into our line up for the middle school to be dismissed, take them home and come back right away for the elementary. What is the point?? Half of them don't even bother going.
We say shur-bert here, too.
It's a total pet peeve for my husband when people add that extra and invisible R into sherbet. Cracks me up. I don't care how people say it- I just wanna eat it!
I'm finally buying a treadmill this weekend, so I'll be joining you in running next week!
It may be shallow, but I always feel bummed when I wear something cute and no one comments. So, I know what you mean!
I am going to bond with you but I am NOT going to run...or anything that involves sweat.
Love the fragments. I don't get why the kids have to come back for a half day. Stupid!
Love the sweet pencil!
I think 'sherbet' is an awkward Americanization of 'sorbet' so why not just really mess it up and call it sherbert! And it always made me feel quite grown up to get Daquiri Ice sherbert at Baskin Robbins when I was a kid.
And cool about the shelves. I love closet and basement shelves. I love 'tidy' stuff.
I never stick to running long term... I do it for a few months here and a few months there. We had a mom show up today with sherbert, cones and she even brought and ice cream scoop! BONUS!
Love the slow runner's club visor.
Love the headband!
And I never quite got the Sherbet/Sherbert thing, (I say sherbet) but going back to your previous post, my friend's dad (who we crowned the King of Puns) always liked to say, "Would you like some dessert Ernie? Why sure, Bert!"
Well, I'm not up for running, but I knit and Believe. And I love your headgear too. I have a baseball cap that reads UBU, and I'll be me. My sister got it at a trade show and the ad is hidden in the piping. Very clever.
The blog world is the greatest place to meet new friends, isn't it? I just love it.
I wonder if they have a No-runners club?
If we had had one more snow day, we would have had to go on Monday, too. Thank goodness we did NOT.
Drinking before bloodgiving makes the process SO much quicker. My record is about five minutes from stab to stop. You've inspired me to make an appointment :)
Thanks for linking up!
OK... I'm seriously headed to buy one of those head bands myself! I think our slow-running-club should unite & block all the fast runners :)
Post a Comment