After a day of church, rest, closet cleaning and school year thinking, I am exhausted. I sat down to compose a post, and nothing came to me. I started thinking, again, of shutting this whole blog down. Then I thought of my young friend Connie and how she has encouraged me to continue. I thought of a comment she left a couple of weeks back.
You see, I had written of my confusion about God's telling me to reach out to a family member only to have that person pretty much reject me. Many of you left wonderfully thoughtful comments and I am grateful to you, but I wonder, do you read others' comments? I usually don't.
Connie's comment that day is a beautiful blog post in itself, I read it out loud to Brad and cried as I did. It's something I hope you didn't miss:
"I think sometimes, God tells us to do things, to undertake journeys, to be present with Him on what is seemingly a long path that takes us back to where we started in order for us to remember why we do it. Why we follow Him.
Perhaps He had you reach out to this person to instill in you the importance of loving bravely, even when it is not reciprocated. Because God does that constantly, doesn't He? He reaches out and loves people who do not love Him back. And Still-He Loves. And so maybe He wanted to give you a divine lesson in loving. He must have felt you were up to the task. And who knows what kind of a seed you set, and who might come along one day and water that seed in her life.
Perhaps, the task asked of you was not just asked of YOU: maybe you are just a participant in the changing of that woman's heart.
One thing is for sure: the story we write for ourselves is never nearly as exciting as the one He writes for us: so I say, it's always better to let Him hold the pen."
Thanks Connie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
"it is always better to let him hold the pen"...love, love, love that reminder!
Beautifully written.
I did read that comment when she posted it and it is lovely and very well said.
I missed this when she first wrote it so I'm glad you chose to post it here. Truly beautiful!
Our pastor today was talking about shining within our own realm of influence and the Lord immediately brought my blog to mind. To many that would seem silly. But I am daily impacting the lives (maybe eternal even) of people that I might never meet, planting seeds here, watering there, plucking weeds once in a while ... working in my assigned corner of the garden!
I remember that every time I am tempted to walk away. To remember that it is worth the time, energy, thought, and emotion, even if it touches just ONE life. And my (pathetic) stats are usually better than that!
He is using you ... You just need to remain willing to be used!
*blush*
:)
Well, golly, El! I just got back from vacation, only to find out that I was a guest blogger! :) How kind of you to repost.
Just getting caught up, but that was a beautiful comment & very well said...
To answer your question...yes, I often do read the comments. :) And I always enjoy reading your blog. You make me actually think once in a while.
What can I say? Love it, love it, love you, Con!
Post a Comment