Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Words For Wednesday

Overheard during math facts today, "Miss Stewart looks so different without her glasses." 

Deep thinkers my students.  Much deeper than the multiplication answers they were supposed to be spewing.

But then I thought, "I used to put these on only to read, now I never take them off.  I'm old."

And I do look different without them. 

I look like a person not in glasses, you know, me the young person.

sigh

5 comments:

Daenel T. said...

I used to never wear my glasses. In fact, some people knew for years & never knew I wore glasses because I wore my contacts all the time. Now my eyes are too bad for contacts but I try & then I'm stunned by the stranger that I see. I need my glasses, now they're as much a part of my face as my nose.

Jane said...

You are so funny! :)

ALI said...

I've been wearing my glasses more too...

I don't feel old, I feel mature.

As for your students... Thank you for sharing the laugh!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I so rarely wear my glasses (contacts) that the kids are always stunned when I do.

I like it when I wear my hair in a pony tail on a casual Friday and they comment on how young I look! But then, when you teach in the inner city, a lot of the moms are SO young that I seem old by default... I waited until the ripe old age of 26 to give birth the first time!

Stacy said...

I've worn glasses since I was 7. I wore contacts for several years until I got an infection and had to quit for a while. I've tried them since but they have been so darned uncomfortable that I've stuck with the glasses. My "I'm old" moment is that even with bifocals I'm moving what I'm reading back and forth trying to find the right distance to focus. Sigh.