Last week, I started what I thought would be a weekly posting of what keeps me motivated as I work to improve my health. I thought it would be focused on wellness--physical wellness. However, as I considered what to write about this Monday, I recognized I can't have physical wellness without spiritual wellness.
So I'm sticking with the motivational aspect, but I've decided to expand my parameters.
To write about Jack is really not my place; I'll leave that to his mom and those who knew him well. I will simply share: he is a boy I admire, he is a boy who has made me laugh, and he is a boy the world greatly misses. I look forward to meeting him in Heaven.
I am motivated to be more like Jack, to live my faith so even the youngest around me recognize I know Jesus. Really, what is more important than that?
As I start another new week in this blessing of life, I keep Jack in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
And the little ones shall lead the way :)
i'm heading over to read more about jack & be inspired by him myself :)
Happy monday friend!
This is good...as I am searching for motivation. Unless there is something I can't see in the future it doesn't look like I will be able to swing the tickets that guarantee meeting Toby this year. I am trying to psych myself into the Nike train of thought....JUST DO IT!
He has certainly changed our lives. I hope when J is his age, he has the same strong foundation.
I thought a lot about his family, especially his mom this Sunday as our Minister preached how we should not fear death, for life is everlasting.
All I could think of was "wow, that is what Jack thought, and how that would not soothe my soul all that much if I was his mom left here on Earth"
Prayers for them!
And for you to follow in his foot steps.
I'm working more on the mental stuff right now myself. Giving the joints time to heal.
I started reading blogs after September 8th... the day my daughter lost her beloved classmate, Jack. A friend clued me into God's faithfulness in preparing Jack's sister, Margaret, as she recalled a summer post where Anna referenced Margaret. Margaret claimed a verse where God promised to be with her "through the flood waters" as her life verse and Margaret's comment at the time was that this scared her because she thought God was preparing her for a difficult life.
Spiritual things do matter... praise God for parents that understand their responsibility to raise children in the Lord (like Anna) because inevitable storms will come their way. And praise God for Mommas who find time to be real and share their walk with others in blog world! Faith isn't a one-time or inactive thing... it is journey of blessing... and it starts this side of heaven!
Anna's Friend, Karen
beautiful, ellie! thank you. love love love
Post a Comment