On the way home tonight, it's Friday Fragments time but I'm writing on Thursday, I was listing the things I need to get done, and I found myself pretty certain it was time for me to take a blog break. It's been a weird week, and I just can't seem to find the time to pay attention to this blog. May is going to be busy, super so, and I might need some time off.
So these fragments are a look back and a look ahead, and we'll see about the break.
Birthday Fragments:
My husband turned 60 on Tuesday, but I celebrated him all month.
He received a card a day from people who love him and he loved it...
And we had a surprise party on Saturday. He was really surprised. But what I found out is...I didn't like keeping a secret from him. It was too hard. We talk about everything. And I had to censor myself for over a month. Not fun.
Party? Fun!
Would you believe he wouldn't let me light his candles? He didn't want to ruin his Portillo's chocolate cake! Not sure what our Jeanette is doing in that picture. And...even though I said no gifts, our friend Walt brought a box of "clay pigeons." Yee ha! (And other friends brought candy which I've been nibbling on tonight. So wrong of me!)
Work Fragment:
My student teacher's time is coming to an end, today was her last teaching day, so I'm back in the saddle. May is so fragmented due to field trips, assessments, art mom visits, read ins, mom's day gifts, assessments, a huge project (they will be shocked those kiddies will), field trips...not a normal day in the month!
Family Fragments:
My son graduates from the MLIS program at LSU in BR LA in three weeks. Woo hoo! Can't wait to wear a sundress in May!
My niece is still with us, and she just got a job at Gilly Hicks. I'm not sure how I feel about her "uniform" of really short shorts and a tank. Sorry, no photo available!
Fundraising Fragment:
Our annual annuals sale is going on at school, and I'm in charge of that. Time to figure out what our yard needs...
Flower Fragment:
One of my tutoring parents gave me five hydrangeas. Five! Keeping them alive inside has been tough, they're in such little pots they just dry up. But we're hoping they hold on until we can get them in the ground. If you live somewhere where hydrangeas actually stay this color, you are blessed!
Fitness Fragment:
And, on top of all this, I've made a commitment to (continue to) exercise. I purchased and swiftly received (Saturday order, Tuesday arrival) the Brazil Butt program.
The first time I've ever ordered something from an infomercial. I like it so far, and I can tell if I stick with it (and for three payments of 19.95 plus shipping, I will) there will be changes. (It takes up to an hour six out of seven days. Eep!)
Health Fragment:
On NewsRadio 720 I heard a story like this one and the focus was on women who don't get enough sleep, but I couldn't find the link on-line for the exact story I heard. Basically, I have always been selfish about sleep. I need seven hours a night, no less. The facts say it all. Women don't take care of themselves because they take care of others--at the expense of their health. So I do choose to sleep versus blog (as well as other things).
Do you? Should you?
Faith Fragment:
Now onto a purer topic, my anniversary present to Brad was a copy of Jesus Calling. On nights we're both home, we share a devotional. We'd been using the library's copy, but you know, it's a lending library not a keeping library, and in time even with renewals, they'd want the book back so...
Friend Fragment:
My blog friend Stacy wrote about having blog ruts. It made me think. I always have something to write about. Whether or not it's interesting or relevant to anyone but me is a wonder, but the time thing that's my obstacle. With work, tutoring, commuting, devotionals, exercising and sleeping I just sometimes feel pressured to blog. And I don't want to feel anything but enjoyment about this little web destination.
So if I'm absent a lot in May it's because life is good. Not amazing, but just right and full--you know full of blog fodder I just don't have energy to share!
Thanks Mrs. 4444:
Go check out the other fraggers at Half Past Kissin' Time!




10 comments:
Ooooo - - - I LOVE the card a day idea!!! You can really stretch a birthday out that way!
Awesome fragments! Sounds like you may be too busy to do much blogging in May. I'm kind of wondering how I'm going to continue to find time as I am commencing training for my work at home job on Monday. I guess I'll just go back to squeezing it into the time cracks! :) I don't think any amount of exercise would make my butt look like that and I'm not posting photos to prove it!
Have fun!
So sweet the card a day idea for your husband! And I hear you about the business of May! I'm not a teacher but as a mom of 4 kids and shuffling everyone through all the crazy activities and projects and celebrations is exhausting; I can't wait for summer!
Love all the home made cards! Happy belated bday to your hubby!
I want that devotional book myself - heard wonderful things about it.
Love what you did for your hubs for his birthday... he had to feel so loved & special :)
You'll have to give a full review of that Exercise video series. I've not even heard of it!!! How is that possible?
Me? I always seem to have something to say... whether anyone cares about it is a different thing :)
Happy Friday
While you sound busy, it also sounds like it is mostly happy times.
Enjoy your bloggy sabbatical.
Well at least I will "see" you on FB...I really enjoy your blog ...and most often it gives me something to think about...if not makes me chuckle! Enjoy your May time! I love May...come read my blog sometime later today and you will see why! Take Care!
Oh yeah, May is so busy for teachers! It's crazy pie. Good luck.
I could never make that time commitment to exercise that long, so I wish you well with that too.
1. congrats to your son!
2. i have that book, jesus calling.
3. i heart hydrangeas!
4. buon compleanno, brad!
5. brazilian butt program ... ay, ay, ay. i already have a jennifer lopez butt; if i did this program ... ay, ay, ay:))
Great post. Congrats to Mac. Huge and wonderful accomplishment!
Taking a blog break too. Just so busy and my heart is not ready.
Love reading yours, though!
Post a Comment