Sunday, August 5, 2012

It IS Me

You all have been so gracious with your support of the frustrating and painful family situation I have found myself in and the privatization of this little blog. Trust me though, I haven't been so innocent in all of this.  On occasion, I pushed back when pushed.  So it was funny when I saw this on facebook yesterday...I sure could see this as God sending me a very clear message!

 (Posted on facebook by People of the Second Chance)

I have been praying about this for the five years Brad and I have been married.  The focus of my prayers needs to change to more of me and less of them.  Usually we Christ Followers state that a bit differently, but the timing of this message was spot on.  I must change.

Trust me also, when I share this blog will not become a place where I gripe about step-situations!  That's not my goal at all.


This was one of the verses for our Jesus Calling devotional the day I was deciding what to do with this blog.  I had already hidden it and was thinking of deleting it completely  Again, God's timing is perfect--though we don't always see it that way.

Time to move forward and build up.

Have a lovely Sunday friends!



7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Love those pictures. God speaks to us, even through Facebook! ha ha

jemcgee said...

true for all of us- we all get caught up in wanting others to change and we all need to work on ourselves first (I struggle with this at work often). good reminder. God has blessed you with the humbleness to see this and let him gently guide you where many people do not. so congratulations to you for your strength to know you need Him! love you el!

ALI said...

Love those pictures! Thank you for the reminder!

Stacy said...

When we put God first and get right with him, he will take care of the rest. It's a shame we're so stubborn most of the time.

purejoy said...

Sometimes privacy allows you to really spread your wings. I know I often feel clipped to say what's really on my heart since I know my brother {and my daughter} reads it. I know I've been hurt by things he's said in his blog, but then I just get over it because it's his blog.
I've been with this group in a Bible study for awhile now, and the overarching theme when it comes to dealing with crunchy situations is:
You cannot change other people. The only change you can change is YOU. If what has been happening is disagreeable to you, what will YOU do differently? Be the change you want to see. It may not always be received the way you would like… but sometimes it just takes time.
{{hugs}}

Jane said...

I guess it depends on why you write what you write on your blog. I use my blog to show my current projects, remember different events, and share what's going on in my life (not necessarily whats going on in my mind). I think twice before posting anything that could be construed in any way as complaining about someone. It just doesn't fit my focus. I also don't worry about how frequently I blog. Sometimes every day, and, as now, not for a couple weeks. I've just been too busy. But that probably is the reason I only have 39 followers. :)

nancygrayce said...

I've been praying a lot lately for God to change my heart about some situations in my life.

I'm so glad you decided to keep your blog and just take it private!