Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's Favorite Memory Moments

     This is going to be a busy day.  It's a teacher work day, as it's called on the district calendar, and I woke up (at 4:30) thinking of all I have to do today; I started making a triage list.  Of course, I then couldn't fall back to sleep.
     Feeling a little overwhelmed, I decided to go over the week, and given my talent for digression, I came up with this blog post.  I could post about feeling overwhelmed, but instead I'm going to share a list of things that simply made me smile during the week.
     In no particular order, here are some favorite moments from the past seven days:
  • A book's author left a comment about a post on my book blog
  • I cleaned my closet and donated some nice things to Goodwill
  • My students so enjoyed a spring art project I shared, they worked quietly for an hour--the "we love creating" vibe was palpable
  • I had a moment with my teaching team at school in which we shared our fondness and care for each other
  • Brad came home safe and sound from a family visit to Indy
  • I edited and uploaded his pictures for him
  • Picasa! Picasa! Picasa!(Addictive, addictive, addictive!)
  • Visiting a wonderful church
  • Getting a hug from B, my tutoring student
  • Realizing I was beating my cold
  • A spontaneous hug from A.S. in the school library
  • Reading a whole book last weekend
  • Picking up 12 more from the library that I get to delve into starting after this "work day"
  • Hearing from my student teacher mentor in the form of a tender message
     And today begins.  A day of small and important accomplishments, a day to look back on third quarter and ahead to my last quarter with this wonderful group.  A day to plan what to plan.  A day to begin a break, spring break.  What a sweet little life I have, we have.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great idea to turn your overwhelmed feelings into a list of gratitude.

purejoy said...

what a great list. hugs are the best! and hope you have a restful spring break! (12 books… wow on that!)

marafromiowa said...

It is a great list. It made me think about what my list would be.