Monday, March 1, 2010

You Ain't Heavy

     I have been praying for you.  It's been a pretty amazing experience on so many levels.  It's been challenging on other levels.  But yesterday it was hilarious--well at least God and I thought so. Okay, I thought so, and I hope I did give God a giggle.  Don't you just love thinking you can do things that God laughs at?  I do.  I'm certain I crack Him up with my foolishness, but I also like to think I make Him guffaw due to  my wit too.  After all, He gave it to me.
     I was thinking about you all and praying yesterday, and I kept telling Him I was lifting you up.
     Then I got this picture in my head of all my loved ones, and some I'm hoping to love, melded into a ball, and me lifting all of you up.  Like this:
 
     I kept going, I tend to digress while I talk with God but He's used to it, and I pictured a newly born Kunta Kinte in his father's arms being lifted up to Him. Like this:
          And since I was thinking of such strength, I pictured myself last like this (come on, I had to throw a woman in there):
 
    Why is this funny?  Well because if you know me, you know my arms look like his and I usually can't lift much of anything:

   Yet I CAN lift you up to Him, and I do.  So while the images make me laugh, the thought that God loves me praying for you does make me feel as strong as those I've pictured.  That's a powerful thing, and I am thankful for the chance to use my strength for you.

5 comments:

purejoy said...

not as dark.
not as twisty.

working on being more disciplined with work.

and alot of other stuff.

appreciate your spiritual workout on my behalf. once this is over, you'll have arms like michelle obama.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I wish. Maybe Grover, but not Michelle!

Pam C said...

Strange, just the other day I was thinking about how I must make God laugh - He has got to chuckle at my antics - I truly am a mess at times.
I just love the whole idea of "lifting it up" and of "giving it up" to God. How lucky we are to be able to do that - to take the weight off of our shoulders and give it to Him.

Helen via facebook said...

Cracked me up - and I'm sure there are times that I make Him crack up too. Had a good laugh while waiting at Vicki's dr. appt. Thanks

Sarah Lynn said...

Alright, the whole Elmo thing, LOL! That totally made me smile : )

And just know, that you're not the only one doing the lifting! You're up there as well!