Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Processing this one...

     I was blog stumbling the other day, clicking on a link from a favorite blog to a new blog to another blog, when I came across www.gitzengirl.blogspot.com.  That's where I found these words for this Wednesday,  
"No moment from God is a rock of burden, it's just a rock waiting to be broken apart into stepping stones."
~~Sara Frankl
     I wrote them down and have been thinking about them since.  Then, one very early morning between that day and today, I was having a hard time sleeping.  I came in and fired up the dinosaur (AKA my PC) and searched "burden" on www.biblegateway.com.  There were, I believe, 51 hits for the word, but this verse jumped out at me.
"Carry each others' burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."  
~~Galatians 6:2 (NIV)

     So, I'm still thinking.  Mostly thinking about the praying I've been doing.  Does that lift others' burdens?  Does it help?  Am I to make stepping stones out of my own hard times or to help others make stepping stones from theirs?  And...I'm still thinking.  I look forward to that day, near or far, when I get IT, and I think, "Oh, that's what that meant."  I guess, until then, I will carry on and step where rocks have already been turned into stones.

1 comment:

purejoy said...

pretty spectacular stuff these days, el. i pretty much love where God has you right now.
we all need mat carriers from time to time (think paralytic lowered in through the ceiling). without our mat carriers, we never get closer to the King.
i love the stepping stone analogy. good one.
and i'm not so much wallering in the pit. but i refuse to stuff now because life is prettier when we just get over it and slap on a happy face. i'm not gonna lie. this is a weird little ride i'm on. one minute i'm fine, and the next i'm feeling inadequate and paralyzed and worthless.
help is on the way…
you've been increddibly instrumental in keeping the focus in the right One. thanks for all you are doing, and please, don't stop intercessing for your friends and family.