My friend Kimberly at consider it pure JOY bestowed this on me today.
I am speechless. "There are no words."
Actually I'm not speechless and there are words, that's a joke I crack myself up with...I once went to a blog I no longer read, and the blogger's title for that day's post was "There Are No Words," and then she wrote about 500 of them. I found that a little twisted but knew better than to point it out by leaving a comment.
Anyway, I digress by explaining something that's only funny to me.
I think I'm overwhelmed by this because I'm one of those people who never wins anything.
But I'm accepting it full-on 'cause writing this post beats the dusting I was just doing.
Apparently this win comes with rules, it's similar to a chain letter but with less dire circumstances.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share up to ten things about yourself. Short and sweet.
3. Pass the award along to up to ten bloggers who you have recently discovered and think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award. -- of course!!!
I try to play by the rules but you know what Yoda says...or don't you?...
1. Thank you Kimberly!Your blog posts and your comments here often make my day.
2. This one cracks me up. Don't we all blog because we have this penchant for over sharing? Okay, ten:
- I'm not as organized as people think.
- Whenever my husband is gone from the house for a day, I have to clean something out and make a Goodwill run. Today it's my books.
- Last night I dreamed about the Roloffs.
- Tonight I am making scallops even though I'm not sure what a scallop is. I will not be eating them.
- Tomorrow I'm making pralines. I most certainly do know what a praline is. I will be eating them.
- I'd rather look a word up in a real dictionary than use an on-line dictionary.
- I believe just about everyone is smarter than I am.
- I don't own a DVR, can't load a song on my ipod, and have never downloaded a program onto my PC.
- Like Dudley Moore as Arthur said, "Sometimes I think funny things." So, if you see me laughing, and it would seem there's nothing to laugh about, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at something no one else would understand--and not because it's highbrow.
- This blog forces me to see the glass as beyond half-full, if I'm going to put something out there, I want it to be something positive, and that is why I keep blogging.
- Agnes at Because I Digress...
- Sheri at Unexpected Bliss
- The girls at Pretty Stinkin' Green (I hope it's okay I called them girls, they are women, but my attitude as I face 50 is--ANYONE may call me girl. Yes, I'm delusional, make that the eleventh bullet point.)


4 comments:
ohhhhh hahahaha. i loved this! i love sheri at unexpected bliss too!!
i should have mentioned her, but then you get to… so yay!!
laughing at you laughing at something no one else would. that's my world.
and i happen to think you're rather bright. so there!
thanks for playing along!
Not only is the blog a visual joy, it is also a joy to read.
ah ha! i didn't even check my email yet and read this in my reader. el, you should be proud...
and if i ever meet you in person and see you laughing, i'll try not to take it personally.
and will show you how to work your ipod... and load a program in your pc.
who's dudley moore? (just kidding, i have heard OF him....)
;)
if you cook scallops...you should eat them!
also, i am with you about the dictionary thing...i will get up from my computer, walk into the study to get my dependable webster's, and manually look up a word.
Post a Comment